Sunday, September 12, 2010

Heyla from Japan

I'm sitting in our living room, the only cool room in the house, and though it's prolly around 80-85 degrees in here, it's so hot everywhere else, that I'm actually rather cold. Don't get me wrong: We have AC (in every room, actually) and such, but if we're not in the room, there's little point to having it on. I think when I go to get my clothes for my baths at night from now on, I'll just close my window and turn on the AC so it'll cool down while I'm getting clean, and then I can sleep without tossing and turning. I'm on an incredibly low to the ground futon that actually is very thin, and the least bit uncomfortable, but I don't mind. My room is super cute. And I think I've got everything I need. They even have a bicycle I can use to go to school, so I don't have to take the train. Which is a relief, honestly. But it's pink. *grimace* I wonder if Iku-chin will go with me to school tomorrow. I don't know how to get there from here. Everything feels like it was a gift, or it was bought from a brand-name, type thing. Which makes it really interesting. Every window has an amazing view. My window's view is right onto the balcony of a ton of people, including one buff, shirtless guy. Yup, quite a nice view. *grin* The living room's balcony shows buildings for miles, and looks over a garden a few floors down. The doors here almost all slide, the toilet is seriously confusing, the tub is scarily deep, and the kitchen is small but efficient. I really rather like it all. And I think that quite a few people I know would hate it. I never wished to bring a camera until I saw the inside of the apartment. Everything is so efficient, and I adore efficiency. I'm not gonna go into my daily life, unless something upsets me, because I'm blogging on the other one, runaandjapan.blogspot.com and I don't like making peeps read the same thing multiple times. I really, really like my family so far. I worry about being in inconsiderate American, but unless someone tells me, there's not much I can do. I'm their first American. The rest were Canadians and Philippines and Chinese. So I'm a new ground. *grin* For everyone. *strained grin*
Last night they were telling me about all these people that want to practice their English on me. I agreed to it. (If I don't, I may not be speaking English out loud for a long time. Plus, I really don't mind) Her nephew is a hair dresser, and everyone at the shop wants to practice their english, so twice a month I'm supposed to go there. She said I could prolly get my hair cut for free there. I mocked being horrified, but they didn't get it because they didn't realize how long my hair was. I'm a little horrified by how limited my humor is now. I can get the meaning of what I'm trying to say across, but all of my humor tends to require words I don't know. Makes me sad. Okay, Ikuchin's home now, so I'm gonna go. I may write on the other blog as well. I didn't quite expect her home so early, and I don't like typing while she sits there waiting. Love ya'll!

I SWEAR there's no meaning behind this song, it's just the only PG one I've listened to today.

1 comment:

college kid said...

Well it sounds like you're having a good time. What day do you actually start classes? And is the webcam still not installing? Could you maybe give me a little more detail on the error it gives you? If the CD is failingfrom the get go, try installing the driver for Windows XP (or whatever your operating system is) from this site:
http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/435/5865?section=downloads&WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

You might want to have the cam unplugged from your machine until it is installed.