Thursday, September 16, 2010

Heyla

My tiredness is catching up to me. Today was boring enough that I nearly contemplated falling asleep. I also got to drink my beloved iced cocoa again. And I made friends with another person. In the bookstore, while looking at a dictionary, I realized I was the only American, in fact, the only native english speaker in the entire group. This only mattered because I wanted an english/japanese dictionary. I found a nice Kanji learning book instead. It's for children, so it suits me perfectly.

If my post looks a little random, it's cause I'm tired. Yesterday Ikuchin was gone, and I ate lots of bad stuff, like sweet bread and ...candy....and other bad things for my body. I didn't like it. Tonight Ikuchin came home late, but she still made dinner for me. It was the egg thing, with mushrooms and meat and ketchup and some sorta sauce that was great. SO yummy. She also had me try the Japanese Pear, which I didn't like as much, but I liked it better than the American ones. I worry sometimes that my comments of "Meh, I don't like it, but I don't dislike it either" are going to annoy her. But I really just don't know how else to describe half of these things. Usually they're really delicious, so there's no problem, but sometimes I just can't say I really like whatever it is.

Tomorrow I'm going on a field trip, and I'm risking wearing short shorts. We're going to Nara again! Yes, the big buddha statue place. I wonder if we have to stay in a group. After our field trip, I'm meeting Ikuchin at the station and we're going to her nephew's beauty saloon. I'm going to be speaking to everyone in English there. I worry that I'll be too strict. I'm not a very nice teacher. At least I don't think so. And that's saying something.

I got to talk to bf and mommy today/yesterday. We used Skype so they could see me and vice versa. Today Momma got up early to talk to me, but I wasn't here, cause I went out with some new freinds. Speaking of that word, the only way I can remember to spell it correctly is to think "Friends end". Isn't that a REALLY sad concept?

Huh. I just realized I sat among ants today cause I was that bored, had some crawl over me, and even found one on my shoulder, and I don't have a single bite on me. The one on my shoulder I let crawl onto my hand and then put my stuff down and walked (quickly) outside and let it off of my hand. Yay no bites?

I'm a level 2 japanese speaker/writer/learner. Out of 6. 6 being the best. Yes, I feel inadequate. I'm also taking as many classes as I can, and I've already found two 'circles' I want to join. One is Hula Dance, and the other is this cute International  one.

It takes so long to eat breakfast here when Ikuchin makes it....she makes so much....and honestly, I really look forward to it. Bread just really didn't cut it for me these last two days. She brought back omiyage~! Anko, specifically. Yuuuuum.

Now I'm just chilling, waiting for bf to get back from class. We're finding times where we can talk now. Momma was really put out that my computer needed to restart a few hours ago, and I just didn't get back on it for a while after Ikuchin came home. She'd been waiting for me. I hadn't known. So I felt bad. Momma  told Ikuchin thank you for taking care of me, but it didn't come across very well, and Ikuchin didn't reply with the customary "I'm happy to" or "Of course" or anything....it was a little awkward. But I liked having them meet. Bf should be getting online any minute, after which they'll meet.

Mommy asked if I was homesick. I'm not, so I had to tell her no, but I think it made her sad that I wasn't withering away from lack of Americans. I've experienced a bit of culture shock, but it's mainly just sleepiness. I sleep alot lately.  But I do that elsewhere too, so I'm not sure it's culture shock.

Okies. Bf is here, so I'm gonna go. Love you guys.

Oh, and I have skype now, and it's under Runadaemon, so look me up!!

1 comment:

college kid said...

friends = "friday" + "end of week"
or "fri" + "end"

yay happy meaning (the way it should be)