Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Kitty love

I'm so relieved!! This is what happened:

Innocently rubbing Maya, my hand brushes across something bulgy between her shoulder blades. For a moment, I just sit there. Then chills run along my arms and back, and I know. It's a tick. I kiss her on the forehead, murmuring "Good girl, Maya, good..." and search her fur, trying to see it. The sickly white bulge, with brown legs sends chills anew throughout my body. I hate ticks....

I had been talking with E online, and I sent him an IM, "What do I doooo? She's got a tick!!!" His reply? "Take some rubbing alcohol and tweezers, fill a cap with alcohol, and put the tick in it. Make it pay for what it's done."

I search out tweezers, call Maya into the bathroom, and shut the door. Maya turns on her back, playing with the doors, as is her usual routine with shut doors. I fill the cap, and sit down on the floor with Maya. She guilelessly comes and rubs along me. Taking the tweezers and our relationship in my hand, I start my search for all horrid creatures on my dear love. She doesn't like it, but she never stops purring, which confuses me. I talk to her, hoping she'll not panic. She then laid down and moved this way and that, as I need her to. The only times I get attacked are when I'm messing with her underarms, and even then there's no attacks if I hold her. Getting all ticks and bugs off, I hold her, telling her what a good job she's done, how I'm proud. Then I open the door, and set her down, expecting her to run from me. I softly tell her "I love you, you did a good job Maya." and I turn away. I start to attack the huge tick that dared attack my Maya.

How COULD you attack her? This is what you get for hurting my Maya! Take this! HA! I bet that would hurt if you were still alive! What's with your color? You look diseased! Gross! You don't deserve Maya's blood!

I hear Maya's bell, and turn. She's settled down beside the door, patiently waiting for me. Tears spring to my eyes. I thought for sure she'd hate me for putting her through that. I go to return the tweezers to my mother, and tell her about it. "It's because she trusts you." I'm so incredibly relieved that Maya still likes me. I make my way back to my room, and call for her. Only once though, since I don't want to make her come if she doesn't want to. Then I thank E for his advice. As I'm talking to E, Maya springs to the bed and rubs on me, telling me she wants attention. I hurry a quick "by by" to E, and close my laptop.

I scratch along Maya's body, all over, everywhere she wants me to. She purrs and murmurs, and eventually just lays still, in bliss. She was so adorable, all sprawled out like that. After awhile, I get some water, we return to bed, and we fall asleep with her curled up beside my head.

>.<>.<

No comments: