Thursday, November 20, 2008

Goodbye, My ideal President

So, Today I took a test at 8:37 (because I was late getting there) and prolly scored about the same as all other tests because I was so tired and annoyed about it. Then I ate with my sweetie. And freinds. Then I went and (accidentally) met up with a previous Spanish partner of mine who lent me a poem to read for the spanish project that was due tomorrow and I did it and did well even though I hadn't seen that poem ever before. Next I turned in a paper that was due tuesday, and went back to my room, did a little work, and then fell asleep. Deliberately skipped my last class, but got up so I could eat with bf before he went to class. *le sigh* I haven't felt 'the thing' all day. So I went to hang out at the IRC office, played at doing the extra credit assignment for that class that I turned in that paper for, and played dead, basically. Then I went to a publicity meeting, and was like "Gyaaah" Because it was our last one basically, and I didn't really enjoy having to give advice about a committee that didn't take the time to get anything done seriously and didn't ever really take the committee seriously. Even I wasn't gung-ho about it. But I put my all in just about everything, so I don't feel I stinted on my effort. So then, at the meeting, we had to listen to Facilities Presentations. T_T Then judge who to give the money to. It sucked. And took 3 hours around. So finally, after that exausting activity, we get to the last bit of business.
It was an ominous line of business indeed. Titled simply: "Letter of Resignation." Only a few knew who's letter it was until that moment when our president's mouth opened, and out came the horrible words from the letter: "I, ______, President of the Inter-ResidenceC____..." And then the heartbreak set in.
Everyone's voices were cracking, tears were leaking, and then, oh THEN! WE had to APPROVE his removal. He said "Is there a motion to approve the resignation?" and THERE WAS!!!! Then there was a second! When he asked if there was an objection, I was numb with shock and horror. I was SOOOO grateful to J. when he said "Objection!" and when Brian asked if there was a second, I scrambled to second it. I wasn't recognized for it, but that isn't why I scrambled anyway. I was just so relieved when someone else seconded it. I couldn't talk. Then the questions came. The things about why, and is it okay, and such happened. But the most memoriable thing was, "The initial reason we picked our president was because we felt he knew what was best for IRC. If he feels this is best, I think we should trust his decision." -Next Person- "...Yield.." I was torn. I couldn't think of a person better suited for this position, but I didn't want to get in his way. Everyone should be able to resign if they feel unable to keep going. But,.....He was the initial thing that made me curious about IRC. He explained it to me. And he encouraged me. He wrote my rec. for my RA application. He thought of the initial idea for my program baby! IF you think of it that way, he's my baby's daddy! (Totally a joke, don't take it seriously) But I really admired him. Even though he's had a tough time, and I could see that he was, he stayed so positive and encouraging. *sigh* I don't know what to do about this. I don't know who can replace him. I don't want anyone to. But we need a leader. I would run myself, but, I'm a freshie!! And I don't have the connections. I feel that someone who is the president needs the connections. Also, I don't know what would become of my Rep position. And He left HUGE shoes to fill. I'm wondering, but I dont feel ready to do it. Then again, anyone who feels they can replace a nearly flawless president is obviously full of folly. I think I'll go continue to cry now. At least it's semi-private here.

No comments: