Monday, February 2, 2009

I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life....But maybe not....

This is what I was repeating as a mantra as I hop skipped up the steps on my way back to my room in my silky, way-too-long nightclothes. I only had a jacket, and thank goodness, because I was in no way decent, and I'd just spent the better part of 20 minutes sitting on some steps with boys and girls that I do not know. It was horrifying. One guy didn't even have a shirt on in this weather! It's warm, but it's not THAT warm. My hair is still matted and tangled from sleep. I absolutely HATE fire alarms.
On another note, I've been so tired lately that I skipped all my morning classes, and even my beautiful badminton. I wish I could make use of it to sleep more, but that damn alarm was so loud.....
I got an email from a chancellor, asking me to take a survey so that "more students like yourself" will enroll.

*Phew* so, cute moment, though you don't need to understand who these peeps are:

"Dear Mamoru,

Which was abruptly followed by,

Can’t escape you even in America, can I, Odango?


Just writing to say that if there were a Nobel Prize for Jerkness, you would be a shoe-in.

Sweet of you to say that. Of course, as you bring out the best in me, I would be forced to share the honor with the World’s Biggest Ditz.

Funny thing. I was at the zoo the other day and I could have sworn I saw you there! But then I looked again, and saw it was just a komodo dragon. Do you think you guys could be distant relatives?

Perhaps—I’ll have to look into my genealogical records. That reminds me. My American “family” took me to a circus yesterday and they had a real 400-pound bearded lady on the show. She could have been your sister! It made me miss you something fierce.


So my English teacher is having us choose a work of classic literature to read for the semester and I was leaning toward Dracula, but I wanted to get your opinion on it. I figured the whole blood-sucking monster thing would be right up your aisle.

Dracula’s a good choice—though I’ve always felt that I related more to the count’s irresistible charmer side, wouldn’t you agree? Nevertheless, you probably shouldn’t bother reading it. The old English will go way over your head. If you want, we can rent the movie when I get back so I can help translate all the big words for you.


Sincerely,
Usagi

Yours,
Mamoru


P.S. Come home soon.

The devil himself couldn’t keep me away."


Isn't it cute? Today was crappy until near the end. Then it was special. Very, very special. For a special reason. But dear, for the life of me, I can't remember how we came to the conclusion we did. Care to reply and tell me what I said and you said to lead to it? I think I was too flummoxed.

1 comment:

college kid said...

Hmmm. I cannot remember exactly what you said. But after it, I remember making a half joke by asking if you wanted to get married at the same time after college when our friends are getting married. And then you asked if I was serious. And then I was nervous and answered yes, I was somewhat serious. And then I asked if you wanted to, and you said yes.

<3